I have a passion for education and firmly believe that teaching is one of the world's most important professions. I have experience teaching at all levels of education from primary school through to University and I am always interested in novel teaching methods and practises. Additionally I am also a fully qualified Tang Soo Do Karate Instructor, and have over 5 years experience in teaching and coaching martial arts.
- Python Programming | Bridgend College | Course Page
- Network Security | Bridgend College | Course Page
- Sound of the Bees | Bridgend College | Course Page
- Introduction to Programming | Cardiff University
- Step-up Masterclasses | Cardiff University
- Website Design & Development | Bridgend College
- A-Level Further Mathematics | FMSP
- Introduction to Matlab | Cardiff University
- Computing for Mathematics (Tutorials) | Cardiff University | Course Page
- Foundations of Mathematics I (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Foundations of Mathematics II (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Elementary Differential Equations (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Calculus Methods I (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Computing Skills (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Analysis I (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Analysis II (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Lecturer | Bridgend College 2018 - Present
- Delivered courses in network security, programming, physical computing, advanced mathematics for engineering and cyber security.
- Associate Lecturer | Cardiff University 2018
- Module lead for second year undergraduate lecture course 'Elementary Fluid Dynamics' for 70 students.
Achieved 96% overall module satisfaction.
- PhD Tutor | The Brilliant Club 2018
- Successful in application to Brilliant Club PhD Scholars programme.
Developed and ran short courses aimed at talented KS3 and KS4 students from traditionally disadvantaged backgrounds.
- A-Level Tutor | Further Mathematics Support Programme 2018
- Delivered A-Level Further Mathematics Support for a range of topics.
- Lecturer | Bridgend College 2017 - 2018
- Devised, composed and delivered curriculum for BTEC Level 2/3 and 4 modules in Digital Application Development, Automated Systems and Website Design & Development.
- Computing Consultant | Bridgend College 2016 - 2018
- Delivered CPD training sessions to staff using Raspberry Pi, Python and BBC Micro:bit.
Engaged with students via classes and workshops and provided technical assistance with teaching and project based modules.
Worked closely with PiCymru and participated in regional and national events such as the Urdd Eisteddfod, World Skills Cymru and STEM fairs to showcase projects to local schools and businesses.
- Postgraduate Demonstrator | Cardiff University 2014 - 2018
- Led weekly classroom based tutorial sessions on a wide variety of topics including Calculus, Group Theory, Analysis, Differential Equations and Computing.
Instructor in weekly drop-in sessions of Cardiff University's Maths Support service, handling a wide range of mathematics-based queries from students in many fields including Engineering, Physics, Economics, Biology and Chemistry.
Designed and delivered masterclass workshops on the physical sciences as part of Cardiff University's step-up programme.
- Raspberry Pi Certified Educator | Picademy 2016 - Present
- Successful application to attend two-day picademy course using Raspberry Pi computers for education.
Active member of the Raspberry Pi community and have contributed to educational resources which have been actively used in schools and colleges in England and Wales.
- Primary & Secondary School Teaching Assistant | Various 2010 - 2017
- Several weeks in various primary schools in England & Wales shadowing teachers and delivering lessons.
Delivered specialist Maths and Computing workshops to primary school students both as part of a series of regional events and during school lessons.
Schools: Pencoed Comprehensive, Croesty Primary, Litchard Primary, Brynmenyn Primary, St. Mary's & St. Patrick's Primary, Olveston Primary
- Instructor | Traditional Tang Soo Do Federation (2011 - 2016)
- Dedicated member of a large community of Tang Soo Do Karate practitioners. Instructed one to one and group sessions and delivered several specialist seminars to a wide range of students from age 4 to adult.